Directions to WBC Using Hwy 67 Detour
Click here for a printable (PDF) version of these directions.
Back to News Listing
Hwy. 67 between Hoxie and Alicia is temporarily closed due to a train derailment. Until the road reopens, those traveling to WBC from the south on Hwy. 67 will be required to detour.
Drivers should allow an extra 15 minutes of travel time.
Here are directions from Newport to WBC using the detour:
1. At Newport, continue northbound on the divided Hwy. 67.
2. At the end of the divided highway, turn right onto Hwy. 226 and head east toward Cash.
3. At Cash, turn left (north) onto Hwy. 18.
4. Where the highway reaches a “T,” turn left onto Hwy. 91.
5. At the traffic signal, turn left onto Hwy. 63, and then take the exit on the right to the Hwy. 67 bypass (just beyond Southside Exxon).
6. At the end of the Hwy. 67 bypass, take the Pocahontas Exit.
7. Continue northward approximately four miles on Hwy. 67, then turn right onto Fulbright Ave, which leads to the Williams campus.
For more information, contact WBC at (870) 886-6741.