Confidentiality and Privacy Statement
It is imperative for ethical, moral, and legal reasons that Felix Goodson Library protect the privacy of all persons using Library resources. Each person has the right to check out and use Library materials without fear of harassment, pressure, or intimidation by someone else who needs the material or disapproves of it.
The Library must protect each user's right to privacy with respect to information sought or received, and materials consulted, borrowed, or acquired. Therefore, the following information is not to be revealed to anyone other than Felix Goodson Library staff and is NOT to be revealed to patrons, faculty, administrators, other students, police, credit bureaus, boyfriends, girlfriends, parents, spouses, etc:
- Patron names, addresses or telephone numbers;
- Employee home addresses or telephone numbers;
- Student employee work and/or class schedules;
- Names of patrons with items checked out whether the person is a student or an employee;
- What items a person has checked out may be revealed ONLY to the person him/her self.
- A person's debts may be revealed ONLY to the person him/her self. Questions from WBC administrative personnel will be directed to the Director of Library Services.
Anyone seeking such information in spite of Library policy will be referred to the Director of Library Services and the Dean of Academic Affairs.
Only official WBC identification cards are used for Library transactions. Cards are not transferable. The cardholder must be present for the transaction. All Library patrons are subject to this policy including students, faculty, staff, administration, and community patrons.