Fines and Penalties:
Violations of vehicle policy are reported to the Office of Student Affairs according to procedures outlined in the Student Handbook.
Parking fine amounts:
Emergency access areas (No Parking areas)-$60
Illegal use of designated Handicap Zones-$60
Fines double after the first ticket. Fines are to be paid within seven calendar days of receiving a ticket. After that date, the penalty will double and be placed on the student's account in the Business Office.
Ticket fines are paid in the Office of Student Affairs.
The Office of Campus Safety provides an online-only appeals process for tickets. Ticket appeals may take up to 5 business days to be settled.
Any person who feels they have been ticketed in error may file an online appeal with Campus Safety within 7 calendar days of ticket issuance.
The fine will remain at the original rate until a decision has been made regarding the ticket status.
The appeal must contain the ticket number and any facts or circumstances relevant to the ticket complaint. Once submitted, a parking enforcement supervisor or designee will review the appeal and issue a reply not more than 5 calendar days following receipt of the ticket appeal.
An online ticket appeal form link is located at the bottom of this page. However........Please read the following information before you file your appeal.
The vehicles of all employees and students of the college must properly display parking permits obtained directly from the office of Student Affairs.
The person driving the vehicle on campus is responsible for finding a legal parking space and for knowing the regulations which are available in the Student Handbook, or online at www.wbcoll.edu/parking.
• Lack of space is not a valid reason for violating parking regulations
• The registered permit holder is responsible for any ticket issued to any vehicle in which their permit is displayed.
• Fire lane, handicap zone, and yellow curb violations WILL NOT be voided!
The Office of Campus Safety strives to provide fair and consistent enforcement of the parking rules for everyone's benefit. Occasionally, a ticket is issued in error. When this happens, the appeal process provides an opportunity to appeal the ticket.
Invalid Appeals include the following reasons:
• “I didn't see the sign.”
• “Others were parking there too.”
• “I was late.”
• “I could not find another parking space.”
• “There was no sign that said I couldn't park there.”
• “I only parked there for a few minutes. I had my flashers on.”
• “I've always parked there and you never gave me a ticket before.”
• “Other cars parked there and they didn't get a ticket.”
• “I don't agree with the policy or regulation.”
• “I’m just picking someone up.” Or, “I’m just dropping someone off.”
Please review the parking rules and regulations located on this website. If you have further questions regarding tickets or the appeal process, phone the Office of Campus Safety at (870) 759-4161.
Click here for Ticket Appeal Form