VEHICLES/BICYCLES ON CAMPUS:
Vehicle use on the WBC campus encompasses the need for policies that help protect the safety and welfare of all persons. Persons using vehicles or pedestrians walking on the campus need to be aware of these policies and other factors that affect safety. The following policies state the regulations for campus vehicle use:
Registration of Vehicles
- All vehicles used by students and employees on campus property must be registered with the Office of Student Affairs.
- When vehicles are registered, students purchase a parking decal (hangtag) for $35.00 per academic year. The decal must be displayed by hanging printed side toward windshield on the rearview mirror.
- Failure to purchase a decal will result in a fine.
- The following information is needed to register vehicles and to be issued a parking decal: name, license plate number, owner's name, driver's license number, model, make and year of vehicle.
- Students must renew vehicle registration and purchase new decals annually.
- Employees' vehicle registration is valid for the duration of employment.
- The name appearing on the registration form is held responsible for all non-moving violations.
- Drivers of vehicles are held responsible for moving violations in accordance with state and local statutes.
- Special or temporary parking tags are available in the Office of Student Affairs to those persons who need to use another vehicle, temporarily, are registered in the summer term, or have physical limitations. There is no charge for these permits.
- Registration of vehicles and tags becomes invalid in the following circumstances:
- ownership of the vehicle changes.
- vehicle registrant changes status (i.e., resident to commuter, etc.)
- vehicle registrant is not eligible for privileges.
- any information on the registration form changes.
Bicycles on campus are subject to the following policy:
- All bicycles used by students on campus must be registered with the Office of Student Affairs.
- The following information is required for bicycle registration: Make and model, Color, and Serial Number
- A bicycle parking decal is required at a cost of $5. The decal must be affixed to the top of the frame of the bicycle. Decals are available in the Office of Student Affairs.
- Bicycles must be parked and locked in campus bicycle racks, located behind the Men’s Residence Hall, behind the Women’s Residence Hall on the concrete pad in front of the apartments, and behind the Sloan Center on the asphalt parking area.
- Bicycles are legally considered a vehicle and riders must observe the same regulations as for automobiles.
- VIOLATIONS OF BICYCLE POLICY: Students are expected to follow the policy outlined above.
- Any violations of the policy will result in a $20 fine per offense. Violations include but are not limited to the following:
- Failure to register a bicycle.
- Failure to purchase a decal.
- Removal of the required decal.
- Parking a bicycle somewhere other than a campus rack.
- Failure to lock a bicycle.
- Abandoning a bicycle over the summer.
- Students should not loan their bicycles to other students for any reason.
- Bicycles that do not have a decal will be picked up and placed into storage for a period of 15 days and may be reclaimed for $20 through the Office of Campus Safety. After 15 days, any unclaimed bicycles and/or bicycles abandoned on campus over the summer become the property of Williams Baptist College.