The Tenant Agreement covers occupants of college-owned apartments and is effective on a month to month basis that must be renewed by April 1 of each year. A signed Tenant Agreement is required and indicates acceptance of the terms described below.
Requests for release from the tenant agreement must be submitted in writing to the Office of Student Affairs which will constitute a commitment to vacate the unit. Release from the agreement begins the date the unit is vacated as described below.
TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Use of Apartments:
1. Residents are responsible for knowing and abiding by all campus policies and procedures as stated in the current online catalog and Student Handbook. Failure to comply with any college or housing policy may result in eviction from the housing unit and/or forfeiture of security deposit.
2. Williams Baptist College maintains the right to terminate agreements and to evict residents when it is considered to be in the best interest of the college or college community.
3. Only a currently enrolled student and his/her student related tenants may live in Family Housing.
4. Sub-leasing and assignment of the premises is not permitted. Written authorization for guests of more than two weeks is required.
5. Housing units are residential only and may not be used for commercial business purposes.
6. The possession, use, distribution, and/or manufacture of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited on campus and in housing units.
7. The use and possession of guns, look-alike guns, explosives, fireworks, and weapons is strictly forbidden in all housing units.
8. Williams is tobacco free campus. The use of tobacco, in any form, is prohibited in campus buildings, including Family Student Housing.
9. Residents must notify the Office of Student Affairs if any tenant is charged with a crime.
1. Residents may not paint, make alterations, add ceiling fans or change the housing units in any way.
2. Keys to units may not be copied or loaned to non-residents.
3. Residents are responsible for reporting damages or needed repairs to the Office of Student Affairs.
4. Residents are responsible for damage/loss to the properties that result from anything other than normal use.
5. Williams Baptist College is not responsible for loss or damage to personal property. Residents are encouraged to carry insurance to cover belongings.
6. The College does not guarantee against loss or inconvenience due to failure, disrepair, interruption, or surges in mechanical equipment or utilities.
7. Tenants and visitors may park only on the concrete pads at Family Student Housing.
8. Installation of special hookups for appliances, other than what is already installed, are the responsibility of the student and may not be installed without written permission from the Office of Student Affairs.
9. Local cable is available, but if satellite is preferred, written permission for installation must be obtained through the Office of Student Affairs. The satellite dish must be mounted on a pole in the tenant’s backyard.
10. No more that 60 watt bulbs are to be used in all light fixtures.
11. The spraying of mosquito repellants and sunscreen are to be done outside the apartment. These products damage wax floor finishes.
Cleanliness, Garbage Pick-up, etc:
1. Residents of campus housing are responsible for maintaining orderly, sanitary conditions inside and around the housing units. Absolutely no personal belongings may be left outside the apartments, except on the concrete pad within the fenced area in the backyard.
2. The College will conduct monthly inspections for cleanliness, maintenance and safety issues. A failed cleanliness inspection will result in disciplinary action including, but not limited to, the following: • 1st Infraction – Warning; • 2nd Infraction -$50.00 fine; • 3rd Infraction—$100.00 fine.
3. Before garbage pick-up each Wednesday, residents are to place trashcans by the curb on Mills Street and should return trashcans behind apartments following garbage collection. If trashcans remains curb-side on Thursday morning, a $20 fine will be added to the tenant’s bill in the business office.
4. Large items (appliances, mattresses, etc) can be discarded in the dumpster behind the old maintenance building, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Place items beside dumpster and maintenance will lift items into the dumpster.
5. Recommended floor care products: Mr. Clean w/Febreeze, Fabulouso, Mop-N-Glo and Swiffer Wet Jet.
1. The pet policy allows for fish and/or one cat per apartment. A cat deposit and registration, along with other stipulations, are required and are administered by the Office of Student Affairs. No other pets are permitted in the housing units, nor outside the units. Failure to follow the regulations may result in forfeiture of pet deposit, security deposit and/or eviction.
1. Graduating residents of Family Student Housing have 14 days from graduation (or from the last day of exams in the Fall semester) to vacate the housing unit.
2. Students who drop out of school have two weeks from the date drop out is completed to vacate the apartment.
3. During the semester, students who wish to move out must give 30 days notice before vacating the unit.
4. The apartment is considered to be vacated when it is empty and all copies of the keys are turned in to the Office of Student Affairs. Failure to return all keys will result in forfeiture of the entire security deposit.
5. Cleaning fines will be charged if the apartment is not cleaned when vacated.
6. One third of the security deposit is refundable only after the premises is vacated, inspected, charges for damages has been assessed, and all accounts have been cleared, and a formal written refund request has been submitted to the Office of Student Affairs. If a written request is not made within six months of vacating, it will be assumed the refundable deposit is being donated to Williams Baptist College and the money will be placed in the Scholarship Fund. The remaining balance of the security deposit is used for maintenance of the facility in preparation of the new residents.