1. Tryouts will be held each spring and will take place in the Southerland Mabee Center Gym on the WBC campus.
2. You will be required to bring your own dance and cheer. The dance must be at least eight (8) counts, and you must also bring your own music to accompany the dance. For the cheer section use “Eagles” as your mascot and include an incorporation of a jump or standing tumbling.
3. The following jumps will be required: toe touch, herkey (right or left), front hurdler
(right or left), and a double jump of your choice.
4. At tryouts you should wear shorts, a plain t-shirt, and tennis shoes. Jewelry is
not allowed and your hair must be pulled back.
5. Cheerleaders will be chosen in regard to who does collectively the best throughout the entire tryouts.
6. You will be required to bring proof of insurance. You can make a copy of your
insurance card and attach the copy to your application.
7. If chosen, there is a $250 scholarship reward at the end of each semester.
8. You must be a full time student and keep a 2.0 GPA.
9. If chosen, you will be required to read the Cheerleading Handbook and sign a commitment form.
10. Requirements during the school year include: attending all practices and cheering at every men’s and women’s home basketball games.
If you have any questions or would like more information regarding WBC Cheerleading please contact Heather Watson:
cell: (870) 240-3819