Director of Campus Safety
Williams Baptist College seeks a qualified individual with law enforcement experience to serve as Director of Campus Safety. Applicant must be a commissioned security officer through the Arkansas Board of Private Investigators and Private Security Agencies and have an associate’s degree (bachelor's degree preferred), as well as commitment to the College's values and mission.
This position reports to the Dean of Students and job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directing a campus wide safety program and educating the campus community about safety issues
- Serving as a liaison between campus and local law enforcement community
- Attending safety meetings and weekly staff meetings
- Understanding electronic surveillance and monitoring equipment and its use on campus
- Maintaining daily logs and securing campus buildings
- Assisting with weather related education and emergencies
- Regularly attending campus wide events including nights and weekends
- Working late night hours and being on call for emergencies
- Enforcing campus safety polices and managing campus emergency response plan
- Supervising and training student safety officers
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Hours and responsibilities vary week to week depending on campus activities
- High level of activity including walking and patrolling campus on bike
- Associate’s degree in related field; bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to work independently and with a team; must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have experience in law enforcement; college experience preferred
- Computer skills required
Williams is a Cooperative Program ministry of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention and takes seriously its identity as a Christian institution in the Baptist tradition. The applicant should be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and committed to the religious ideals and traditions of the College.
Submit application materials, including a letter of interest, resume and contact information, via email to email@example.com . Deadline for applications is August 15, 2014.